Elite Steering Driving School is looking for additional team members!
Our instruction is the key to our students' success! All of our instructors are certified by the North Dakota Department of Transportation. They submit to a thorough background check and a yearly driving records check. Jon Dondoneau trains all of our instructors in our unique methodology of behind the wheel instruction and classroom knowledge.
We desire an individual who is willing to dedicate their efforts to teaching teen and adult drivers safety education for the purpose of acquiring a North Dakota Driver's License. This position requires a candidate approach the task with a clear and focused goal; to do their best to ensure that our clients receive the best training possible; to possess sufficient knowledge and have a passion for the subject; and maybe most importantly, to have the proper temperament and interaction to provide a safe, comfortable atmosphere where learning can easily be achieved.
It does not require hard work, just strong dedication. It is a Good and Fun Job to have! A background in teaching/instructing is desirable. Experience in safety education or an acceptable technical field of study is preferred; teachers, police officers/instructors or instructors in technical field of study make good candidates, active or retired.
- Must Pass a Vision Exam (@ DMV)
- Must Pass a Written Exam (@ DMV)
- Must Pass a Road Test (@ DMV)
- Must provide Two Character References
- Must Complete a Physical Exam (can be completed by any physician) - https://www.dot.nd.gov/forms/SFN04569.pdf
- Must Complete a FBI Background Check - https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks
- Must Complete a NDDOT Application Form - https://www.dot.nd.gov/forms/sfn13960.pdf
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be available to teach In-Car driver education activities.
- Be available for a combination of weekdays and weekends to accommodate the schedules of our clients for a minimum average of 20 hours per week. Willingness to work a greater number of hours is preferred.
- Be able to work weekdays until 7:00PM. Generally, the bulk of our clients are high school students. We are flexible on end times.
- During the school year they are available on weekdays from 2:30pm on and all day on weekends.
- During the summer months students are available usually all day.
- Perform routine maintenance checks on company training vehicles.
- Follow lesson plans for in-car training.
- Arrive to work on time and begin lessons in a timely fashion. Perform other work related duties as deemed necessary.